Member Monday Featuring Mike Langish
Are you on team Army or Navy? This heavily anticipated football event had everyone in the crowd on their feet and photographer Mike Langish was there to frame it. With their Navy uniforms on, we love how this shot looks like a pattern of black and white spread across the stands.
Mike has quite the tale to tell about his journey into photography—here he is to share his thoughts!
About the Photographer
- Hometown: Aberdeen, NJ
- Years in Photography: Since I was about 11, but really made it a focus the last 15 years.
- Years as a KO Member: about 5 years
About the Photo:
- Title: Midshipmen
- Location: Army / Navy game, Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA
- Any additional description of the photograph: Just a shot of the Navy Midshipmen in the stands at the 120th Army/Navy game. I love watching the cadets and the midshipmen in the stands. It’s their day to cut loose. Originally shot in color but I thought it looked more dramatic in Black/White.
- Gear/Software Used: Canon 1Dx, Canon 400mm 2.8, Lightroom
Describe your creative style in 3 words.
Not sure how to describe it, but it’s mine. (that’s 3 words!)
Tell us about a time you struggled or failed with your photography, and how you overcame it?
When do you NOT struggle? I’m constantly struggling. Trying to be more creative, trying to do things differently. It’s all a struggle. But when you have a plan, an idea, a vision, and it pans out, that’s what keeps me coming back.
What sparked your love of photography?
I received a Canon A-1 for Christmas when I was a kid, and since then, I have always been enamored with it. From the gear to learning tricks, I’ve been chasing it most of my life.
What’s your favorite class on KelbyOne and why?
I like all of the sports-related courses. The sports courses because that’s where my main interest is. Scott Kelby, Bill Frakes, David Black, I’ve watched all their courses on sports. And probably more than once.
Connect with Mike
You can see more of Mike’s work on Instagram @mlangish.
Well, that was quite a story! If you haven’t yet, be sure to submit your photos for a chance to receive a Member Monday featured post of your own.