Member Monday Featuring Kelly Jones
For this week’s Member Monday, we’re going under the sea. This species of shrimp is only about 3/4 of an inch long, so KelbyOne member Kelly Jones had to be extremely precise with his camera—all while swimming underwater!
Let’s dive in!
About the Photographer:
- Hometown: Westworth Village, Texas
- Years in Photography: As long as I can remember; moved from “automatic” about 15 years ago
- Years as a KO Member: Seven
About the Photo:
- Title: Spotted Cleaner Shrimp
- Location: Delilah Reef, Cozumel
- Any additional description of the photograph: This little guy is only about ¾” long, but there’s a lot going on: two sets of antennae, legs, claws, pearlescent eggs on the body. Amazed I got it all in focus without a macro lens!
- Gear/Software Used: SeaLife DC2000, SOLA 3600 video light. Topaz Sharpen AI, Lightroom, Photoshop, Luminar
What is one thing you wish you would have known before starting photography?
How to use all the buttons and knobs on a camera!
Who are some of your role models/mentors?
Umm … Scott Kelby (Isn’t this KelbyOne?). Mimo Meidany is awesome! Terry White.
What is your most treasured piece of photography equipment?
My beloved Nikkor 28-300 lens. I know it’s not the best lens around, but I believe it’s the best all-around lens.
What’s your favorite class on KelbyOne and why?
Scott Kelby’s SLIM System and Seven Point Lightroom classes. These two classes launched me into being serious about my photography. I’ve enjoyed more advanced classes, but they would have meant nothing without this solid foundation.
Connect with Kelly
Thank you for joining us for another Member Monday! If you haven’t yet, be sure to submit your photos for a chance to receive a Member Monday feature of your own.