27″ Widescreen Monitor for Creative Professionals
Review by Gilmar Smith
EIZO’s ColorEdge color-management line is known for creating high-quality monitors targeted to creatives. I recently tested an EIZO ColorEdge CG279X, a 27″ widescreen monitor designed with creative professionals’ needs in mind, where color accuracy is critical.
The ColorEdge CG279X has a built-in colorimeter for automated self-calibration, and it can be scheduled at any time (yes, forget about spending money on a third-party calibration device). You only need to download the ColorNavigator Software (free).
If you’re a photographer, retoucher, illustrator, or an animator, set the calibration mode to Adobe RGB, and you’re good to go, or you can even modify any settings in the calibration software options. Calibration doesn’t take much time. A little calibrator stick pops up from the top of the screen, and you can continue to use the monitor during calibration. Here are the monitor’s key features:
- 27″, 2560×1440, 10-bit IPS Built-in colorimeter for automated self-calibration
- 99% Adobe RGB, 98% DCI-P3, 100% Rec.709/sRGB
- 16-bit LUT processing and programmable 173 3D LUTs
- 1300:1 static contrast ratio
- Digital uniformity equalizer
- HDR preset modes (PQ and HLG) up to 300cd/m2
- ColorNavigator 7 calibration software
- 5-Year warranty: Designed, tested, manufactured, and certified at the EIZO-owned factory in Japan.
The Eizo ColorEdge CG279X comes with a light-shielding hood that prevents glare on the monitor. It also uses dimming technology to minimize flicker and eye fatigue. The monitor comes with a stand that offers height, tilt, and swivel adjustments, so you can adjust it to your needs. You can even rotate the monitor 90°. This monitor assures that you get the best color quality on your work consistently. ■