Member Monday Featuring William Gomez
William Gomez is our featured Member this week. He’s a floral and nature loving photographer based out of California who loves capturing flowers in any possible setting.
Time to meet William!
About the Photographer:
- Hometown: My hometown is San Diego, CA.
- Years in Photography: I’ve been shooting for 34 years
- Years as a KO Member: I believe at least 7 years
About the Photo:
- Title: The shot I submitted I titled “Shine in the Shadows”.
- Location: It was taken at the gardens in Balboa Park here in San Diego.
- Any additional description of the photograph: I found a cluster of white flowers in direct sunlight despite the rest of the scene being in dark shadows and I honed in on prettiest flower of the bunch.
- Gear/Software Used: I used my Nikon 5300 with an 18-140mm lens with 2x macro filter attached. Processed my best shots in Adobe Photoshop.
Describe your creative style in 3 words.
Look, Close and Find
Tell us about a time you struggled or failed with your photography, and how you overcame it?
For years I struggled not being confident using my flash. I always got mixed results using TTL and Auto settings. I finally took sometime to play and grasp using my flash on manual and that cured years of frustration.
What sparked your love of photography?
My love for photography was sparked by serving int he U.S. Air Force as a military photographer which has continues to this day working as a Medical Photographer for the U.S. Navy.
What’s your favorite class on KelbyOne and why?
My favorite classes on KelbyOne are the one’s dealing with Lightroom as I’ve always been a Photoshop guy.
Keep up with William over on Instagram, and drop him a comment on one of his posts!
Thank you for joining us for another Member Monday! If you haven’t yet, be sure to submit your photos for a chance to receive a Member Monday feature of your own.