Member Monday Featuring Lisa Ketterer
We absolutely love so many things about this shot, the details on the petals, that beautiful purple color, the framing—amazing!
Lisa Ketterer is here to share her experience on being a photographer and a KelbyOne member.
Let’s get into it!
About the Photographer:
- Hometown: Right now Columbus, Indiana
- Years in Photography: I have been interested in photography since high school but never really started getting a lot better at it till about 12 years ago
- Years as a KO Member: 7 years
About the Photo:
- Title: Afternoon Iris
- Location: Kuttawa Kentucky in my neighbor’s yard
- Any additional description of the photograph: Taken in the late afternoon right after the flowers first bloomed
- Gear/Software Used: Nikon Z7 @ 180mm F5.6 @ 1/160 AP used Lumniar AI also on a tripod.
Describe your creative style in 3 words.
Inspired, imaginative, Visionary
Tell us about a time you struggled or failed with your photography, and how you overcame it?
We were in the smokies and I was shooting waterfalls. My camera popped off of my tripod and into the falls. I quickly got it back and put it in rice. I had to use my sister-in-law’s camera the rest of the time. Thank goodness she had an extra one. There were other times I struggled but watching a lot and reading a lot on KelbyOne, and other places, I have learned a lot and still am.
What sparked your love of photography?
I loved being out in nature and always wanted to put photos of my own on my walls.
What’s your favorite class on KelbyOne and why?
Well, I love a lot of classes on there but if I have to pick one it would be Dave Blacks Painting with Light: A Unique Approach.
Thank you for joining us for another Member Monday! If you haven’t yet, be sure to submit your photos for a chance to receive a Member Monday feature of your own.