Member Monday Featuring Julie Chapa
Our next Member Monday photo makes us wish we were on vacation in Mexico! 😍
KelbyOne member Julie Chapa captured the bright blue water and smooth sand in a way that entices and draws the viewer in!
Here’s Julie to share her experience behind the scenes of her travel photography!
About the Photographer
- Hometown: Fife Lake, Michigan. Live in Rosharon, Texas now.
- Years in Photography: On and off as a hobby about 35 years, getting more serious the last 5 years
- Years as a KO Member: 4 years
About the Photo:
- Title: Boating Cabo Style
- Location: Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Any additional description of the photograph: Early morning walk on the beach last October 2019. From a distance, the rock formation looked rough and jagged. I was amazed at how smooth they actually were as I got close enough for this shot.
- Gear/Software Used: Canon 7d, Canon EF 24-105 , ISO 500, 24mm, f/8. Software Lightroom and Aurora HDR
What is one thing you wish you would have known before starting photography?
How addicting it is!
Who are some of your role models/mentors?
Scott Bourne & Scott Kelby of course.
What is your most treasured piece of photography equipment?
100-400mm Sigma lens.
What’s your favorite class on KelbyOne and why?
Create a Photo Book in LR by Scott Kelby. I have made several travel books based on what I learned in that tutorial and refer to it frequently.
Connect with Julie
We absolutely love getting to know our members better. It’s always an honor to have you all share your hard work, passion, and dedication with us. The talent of this community continues to amaze us!
Thank you for joining us for another Member Monday! If you haven’t yet, be sure to submit your photos for a chance to receive a Member Monday feature of your own.