Learn how to improve your craft by joining Dave Clayton as he takes you into Photoshop and demonstrates how you can start with an existing design and build on top of it to make something completely unique. When you learn an instrument you play other people’s music, when you learn to cook you use other people’s recipes, and it is no different when you are learning design. In this class you’ll learn how to find inspiration, extract from PDFs, add vector images, incorporate stock photos into your design, work with templates, as well as tips and techniques for adding all the final touches needed to create a complete design. Watch now.
Here’s a full list of what you will learn:
- Inspiration Sources | Dave starts off the class with finding a source of inspiration that we can build on.
- Adding a Logo | Choosing a vector image for your logo provides more flexibility when it comes to printing.
- Incorporating A Person into the Design | Adding a photo of a person to your design may involve extracting them from the background.
- Adding Final Elements | The design has really come along with text, background, and logo, so Dave finishes off the design with some final elements before saving it out.
- Working with Templates | Dave wraps up the class with a look at where to find templates, and how to work with them to create designs.
KelbyOne instructor, Dave Clayton, is a UK based graphic designer and creative specialist with over 30 years of experience. With a great passion for all things design, Dave has always loved working in InDesign,Photoshop and Illustrator. He specializes in creating branding projects and logos for clients and has had work published by Peachpit and KelbyOne. He is also an Adobe Influencer and ACA in InDesign.