Member Monday Featuring Mary Hartt
Welcome back to another Member Monday, everyone!
This week we are talking to Maine based photographer, Mary Hartt. Her name is quite fitting because Mary definitely brings heart to every single image we see!
We wish we were paddling down this quiet still lake on a misty morning with her. Luckily this shot puts you right in the boat!
Here’s Mary to offer her thoughts on the moment behind this scene.
About the Photographer
- Hometown: Hampden ME. Near Bangor
- Years in Photography: 25
- Years as a KO Member: Not sure but 6 or 7
About the Photo:
- Title: Morning Paddle
- Location: Otis, Maine. On a pond called Beech Hill. My grandparents built a camp here in 1938.
- Any additional description of the photograph: I found this antique guides canoe at a yardsale. I waited for a cool misty morning.
- Gear/Software Used: Sony AR7 3 and a fixed Sony 55
Describe your creative style in 3 words
Try to visualize
Tell us about a time you struggled or failed with your photography, and how you overcame it?
Low light photography. Learning how to be sharp in tough places.
What sparked your love of photography?
I went to a Great American Photography Weekend and saw John Netherton. He made me fall in love.
What’s your favorite class on KelbyOne and why?
Scott’s SLIM System. I can find my photos!!!
Connect with Mary
Thanks to Mary for sharing this story with us, and giving us a glimpse into life as a photographer!
Thank you for joining us for another Member Monday! If you haven’t yet, be sure to submit your photos for a chance to receive a Member Monday feature of your own.