Member Monday Featuring Joan Neubecker
This week’s featured Member photo is pretty in pink! This beautiful floral image was a contender in our Macro photography challenge, and we couldn’t pass up the chance to show it off to all of you.
Ohio-based photographer Joan Neubecker is the photographer behind the camera, and we can’t wait for you to meet here.
Here she is!
About the Photographer:
- Hometown: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
- Years in Photography: Majored in photography at the Cleveland Institute of Art 1980-1985, been working as a photographer since 1985.
- Years as a KO Member: since 2012
About the Photo:
- Title: Pink Peony
- Location: Living Room at Home, painted my walls Pink during Pandemic.
- Any additional description of the photograph: shot Raw DNG file.
- Gear/Software Used: Nikon D800,60mm lens. I used the Helicon Photo Stacking software program and Bridge/Photoshop.
Describe your creative style in 3 words.
Composed, Whimsical, Detailed.
Tell us about a time you struggled or failed with your photography, and how you overcame it?
The one article in Photoshop Magazine March 2013 on Wedding Photography retouching I have looked back on Many times for help with retouching in portrait freelance work I have done.
What sparked your love of photography?
My folks were always capturing family events and documenting our lives as I was growing up and my brother had a darkroom in our basement when I was 12. My first camera was a Yashica twin lens. In high school, I ended up majoring in Photography. I had a Nikon FM 35mm. I loved staging still lifes of fruit and eggs back then.
What’s your favorite class on KelbyOne and why?
I watch many of Scott Kelby’s courses, and recently had an interest in bird photography—so I watched those. I enjoyed Getting your Portfolio online, Mastering Selections in Photoshop with Glyn Dewis, and Retouching Clothing with Viktor Fejes. I also watch the family photography courses for my freelance work.
Connect with Joan
Thank you for joining us for another Member Monday! If you haven’t yet, be sure to submit your photos for a chance to receive a Member Monday feature of your own.