Member Challenge 32 | Rule of Thirds
Good things come in threes, so today we’re announcing our next member challenge assignment. Rule. of. Thirds. If you’re not familiar with this photography composition term, it’s time to brush off the old textbook.
“In photography, the rule of thirds is a type of composition in which an image is divided evenly into thirds, both horizontally and vertically, and the subject of the image is placed at the intersection of those dividing lines, or along one of the lines itself.” — SLR Lounge Glossary
Let’s see some examples, and get inspired to work inside the lines!
Member Challenge Theme: Rule of Thirds
If you need any inspiration, look no further than some of our instructors using the Rule of Thirds in their works!
Do you have an idea of what you want to photograph for our latest photo Member Challenge? Make sure you read the rules before you get started!
How the Member Challenge Works
- Entrant must be a KelbyOne Pro member to submit their work into the contest
- Work must be original to the entrant
- Only one image can be submitted per entrant
- Work must be created within the timeline given (September 13th-October 13th)
- Images must be submitted by October 13, 2019, at 11:59 PM ET
- Entry must be submitted in the Community Member Challenge thread as a comment with the image attached
- The winner of this Member Challenge will be announced by October 24, 2019, on the Insider—the winner will receive a Member Challenge Winner t-shirt and bragging rights!
- After you’ve created your image, head on over to the Member Challenge 32 | Rule of Thirds thread on the Community and submit your work in a comment. Details, rules and prize information can be found there as well.
Create and submit an amazing image for your chance to win a Member Challenge Winner t-shirt and exposure on our social channels.