Member Monday Featuring Mark Girouard
It’s Monday, so you know what that means…! Time to talk with another KelbyOne member. This time, it’s Massachusetts based photographer Mark Girouard!
He’s been a photography lover for 10 years, and he’s clearly still passionate about capturing nature, wedding, events, and more. We’re so excited to hear what he has to share!
We’ll let Mark take it from here!
About the Photographer
- Hometown: My hometown is Fitchburg, Massachusetts, however, I have lived in Westminster, Massachusetts for the past 16 years.
- Years in Photography: I started photography on November 15, 2010, when my wife bought me my first camera for my birthday, a Canon Rebel.
- Years as a KO Member: I’ve been a KelbyOne member since 2016.
About the Photo:
- Title: The title of the image I submitted is called “Winter Thaw”.
- Location: It was taken outside my home in Westminster, Massachusetts.
- Gear/Software Used: Canon 5DIII and a Canon 24-70 2.8 (handheld). I used Lightroom to edit it.
Describe your creative style in 3 words
My creative style can be described as colorful, bold, and sharp.
Tell us about a time you struggled or failed with your photography, and how you overcame it?
When I first started out I worked for a friend photographing sports. I really struggled with getting my images to be sharp and straight. I just worked at it day in and day out until I was able to get more good images than bad ones.
What sparked your love of photography?
What sparked my love for photography was nature images I would see in outdoor magazines.
What’s your favorite class on KelbyOne and why?
If I had to pick one KelbyOne class that’s my favorite I would say its “10 Essential Post-Processing Techniques That Every Landscape Photographer Needs to Know.” As nature is my favorite genre to photograph, I took to this course right away. With that said, everything Scott teaches I look at because I like his style of teaching and it works for me.
Connect with Mark
We love hearing from our members—you all are awesome! Shout out to Mark for a really amazing image and a cool story to match!
Thank you for joining us for another Member Monday! If you haven’t yet, be sure to submit your photos for a chance to receive a Member Monday feature of your own.