Member Monday Featuring Dragomir Vujnovic
In our last Wildlife member challenge, there was one photo that took our breath away! The dramatic lighting and unexpected subject made this image a winner in our book.
Here to tell you more is the photographer behind the lens, Dragomir Vujnovic.
About the Photographer:
- Hometown: I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
- Years in Photography: more seriously 12 years.
- Years as a KO Member: 3
About the Photo:
- Title: I’m watching you.
- Location: Jasper National Park
- Any additional description of the photograph: After spotting three rams up on a mountain slope, I decided to climb straight up toward them but still keeping distance to not disturb them. It was awesome watching how one of them all the time kept eye on me. The climb was well worth it since I spent two hours watching and photographing them.
- Gear/Software Used: Canon 5D Mark III, Canon 5D Mark III, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM, Extender Canon EF 1.4X III / Lightroom, Photoshop, Topaz DeNoise AI.
What is one thing you wish you would have known before starting photography?
So many things, but that is the point of learning. The most important one is how much is patience you need to have in photography.
Who are some of your role models/mentors?
Definitely my first and the most important one is Maurizio Biancarelli and then Moose Peterson, John Marriott, and David Lloyd.
What is your most treasured piece of photography equipment?
I love using my Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM.
What’s your favorite class on KelbyOne and why?
Photoshop for Lightroom Classic Users: The Seven Main Techniques You Need to Know. This course provided me with some basics in working in both software and ways to improve photos using features of both.
Connect with Dragomir
Thank you for joining us for another Member Monday! If you haven’t yet, be sure to submit your photos for a chance to receive a Member Monday feature of your own.