Member Monday Featuring Brian Kraft
Welcome back to this week’s Member Monday! Today we’d like to introduce you to one of our neighbors to the North, Brian Kraft.
Brian has been an involved KelbyOne member and longtime photography enthusiast. We can’t wait for you to meet him!
About the Photographer:
- Hometown: I live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Years in Photography: I have been involved with cameras and photography, on and off for more than 40 years.
- Years as a KO Member: I’ve been a member of KO since 2017, and look forward to everything that comes out from KO on a regular basis.
About the Photo:
- Title: The photo above was taken about a 1/2 hour from my home, and I guess we could call it “Full Bloom”.
- Location: Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Any additional description of the photograph: Summertime in Saskatchewan is when the Canola fields are in bloom, and I travel as many back roads as I can looking for shots just like this. If I’m lucky enough, I also get to capture stormy weather at the same time.
- Gear/Software Used: I shot this with a Canon 7D, and Canon 70-200.
Describe your creative style in 3 words.
Nature, mood, color.
Tell us about a time you struggled or failed with your photography, and how you overcame it?
I actually don’t find I struggle with photography too often, but when I do, I usually pick up a book by one or two of my favorite photographers (Scott Kelby included), read for a few evenings, and I can get back to it, inspired.
What sparked your love of photography?
When I was a youngster, a family friend was really into photography in a big way, had a number of different cameras, and was happy and willing to show me what the hobby was all about. I think I first learned about photography from him, and just carried on from there. Capturing the photo is fun, but I get just as much enjoyment from the post-processing portion of photography.
What’s your favorite class on KelbyOne and why?
I’ve enjoyed Scott’s class on B&W Architectural Photography, as well as Ramtin Kazemi’s course on Focal Blending Landscapes.
Connect with Brian
You can see more of Brian’s work at kraftbphoto.myportfolio.com
Thank you for joining us for another Member Monday! If you haven’t yet, be sure to submit your photos for a chance to receive a Member Monday feature of your own.